Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chocolate Zuchini Cake Muffins

Yummy! I replaced just the butter with applesauce and you couldn't even tell! Kate and Quinn gobbled them up!! And so did we.

¼ c butter (applesauce)
½ c vegetable oil (applesauce)
1 ¾ c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ c sour cream
2 ½ c flour
4 Tbsp cocoa
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves(I didn't have cloves so I didn't add them)
2 c grated zucchini
¼ c chocolate chips

Cream butter, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
Mix in zucchini and chocolate chips.
Bake in a greased and floured muffin tin or 9 x 13 pan.
Bake at 325° F for 45 minutes less if making muffins! I did mini muffins and they took 25 minutes!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

They turned out replacing with applesauce? WOW! Sweetened or unsweetened?? If you all liked them, they must be good. I think I will try them this week.

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leah said...

Unsweetened Applesauce!